Trying to help someone overcome fear of the COVID-19 vaccine? Watch this webinar for talking points and tips on communicating clearly and persuasively.
LA Best Babies Network hosted this webinar in partnership with the Los Angeles County Vaccine Preventable Disease Control Program on June 23, 2021. LABBN’s Martha Bock, MPH, facilitated the discussion with two presenters:
- Aizita Magaña, MPH: Director of Planning and Public Partnerships for the Vaccine Preventable Disease Control Program at the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. She has over 20 years of public health related experience, and as part of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, has been supporting community engagement and promoting vaccine confidence.
- Dr. Franklin D. Pratt: Medical Director of the Los Angeles County Vaccine Preventable Disease Control Program. Dr. Pratt is responsible for all clinical aspects of the program. He is currently part of the Public Health response to COVID-19, with an emphasis on helping develop the strategic alignment to support mass vaccination.
(Slide presentations and related resources are available below the video.)
- This webinar’s presentation slides by Aizita Magaña
- This webinar’s presentation slides by Dr. Franklin D. Pratt
- See our list of COVID-19 Vaccine Conversation Guides
- Webinar: COVID-19 Vaccines in Pregnancy and Lactation (hosted by LABBN on May 13, 2021; presented by Dr. Stephanie Gaw, MD). See other LABBN-hosted webinars on COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Vaccination During Pregnancy and Lactation? (presentation by LABBN Executive Director Dr. M. Lynn Yonekura, hosted by Maternal and Child Health Access, April 21, 2021)
- Videos from the Tarjan Center at UCLA and Fiesta Educativa’s campaign “Strengthen your defenses …. Get vaccinated – Stories from our community”:
- PSA’s from a COVID vaccination campaign by the L.A. County Department of Public Health, Homeboy Industries, and other partner agencies: