If you’re pregnant or have a baby (up to 2 years old) and you participate in CalWORKs in L.A. County, then you’re eligible for free virtual or home-based family support! The program matches you with your own home visitor, who will help you and your family in a variety of ways:
- Answering questions that come up about pregnancy, child development, and parenting
- Providing emotional support and tips to ease stress
- Helping with breastfeeding
- Guiding you to find educational training and job opportunities
- Connecting you to community resources and specialists, as needed
- Much more …
Who is eligible? Any family or individual or receiving CalWORKs assistance who is pregnant or parenting a child two years or younger.
How do you enroll? Call CalWORKs at 213-639-6434 or 800-427-8700 (press #4, option #2).