Home visiting isn’t just for moms. But many home visitors struggle to bring dads into the mix during their visits. Dr. Richard Cohen and Dr. Kevin Gruenberg have been looking into how to improve father engagement in home visiting, and in this webinar they share their findings. In a series of videos, they track one family’s experience and how the dad benefited from participating.
LA Best Babies Network hosted this webinar on May 6, 2019, for Welcome Baby Parent Coaches in Los Angeles County’s Family Strengthening Network.
(See below for more resources.)
- PowerPoint slides: Wrestling with Dads: What We Have Learned on the Floor and in Interviews
- Webinar: Importance of Fatherhood, Engaging Dads in Home Visiting ( Stronger Families Blog, Nov. 15, 2017)
- Fatherhood Matters: Resources That Encourage Dads to Stay Involved With Their Kids (Stronger Families Blog, June 17, 2016)
- Fatherhood Connection Webinar Series (Office of Head Start, Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center)
- Engaging Fathers (Office of Head Start, Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center)
- The Father Factor — a Critical Link in Building Strong Families and Communities (Aspen Institute and GOOD+ Foundation)