[Update: An additional resource was added to the resource list below on October 15, 2021.]
In this webinar — hosted by LABBN for staff at home visiting organizations and Welcome Baby hospitals on May 12 — Dr. Shannon Dunlap:
- Identifies the unique needs of LGBTQ+ families and explores how these needs may affect their ability to engage in home visiting programs.
- Explores methods and strategies for providing support to LGBTQ+ families enrolled in home visiting programs.
About the presenter:
Dr. Shannon Dunlap conducts interdisciplinary research that centers on adolescent and family development, mental health, stress and support. Dr. Dunlap earned her Master of Social Work from the University of Southern California and spent the 8 years prior to her doctoral training as a clinical social worker with families, children, and adolescents. She has worked as a clinical social worker in the field of child-adolescent mental health, LGBT adolescent mental health and youth HIV. Both her extensive research and practical experience inform this presentation on how home visitors and home visiting programs can support LGBTQ+ families.
- Presentation slides from this webinar
- See other LABBN-hosted webinars on supporting LGBTQ+ families
- University of Southern California LGBTQ+ Student Center
- LGBTQIA+ Glossary of Terms for Health Care Teams (in Spanish) (from the National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center)
- Bienestar (in Spanish)
- Resources for Working in Solidarity with LGBTQ People (from the LA County Department of Mental Health + UCLA Wellbeing for LA Learning Center)
Create a free account to access the resources.