Breastfeeding moms, you have rights!
And in this webinar, home visitors learn how to help their clients exercise those rights.
Genevieve Thomas Colvin, IBCLC, the Regional Breastfeeding Liaison at Northeast Valley WIC, conducted this webinar November 28, 2017, for Welcome Baby nurses in Los Angeles County’s Family Strengthening Network. The webinar is targeted to moms in California, but all home visitors — and new moms who want to continue breastfeeding after returning to work — can benefit from this resource-rich presentation. Scroll down for links to resources highlighted in the webinar.
Like this video? Subscribe to LABestBabies on YouTube!
- The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Surgeon General; 2011)
- USBreastfeeding.org: U.S. Breastfeeding Committee
- White House Task Force on Childhood Obesity Report to the President. Solving the Problem of Childhood Obesity Within a Generation (White House’s “Let’s Move” website)
- California Breastfeeding Coalition
- California Work & Family Coalition
- California Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program, California Department of Public Health
- Enforcement Guidance: Pregnancy Discrimination and Related Issues, EEOC Notice 915.003, US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Lactation Accommodations FAQ, Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
- People We Serve; Working Families, Legal Aid At Work
- Pregnant@Work, an initiative of the Center for WorkLife Law, UC Hasting
- Pregnancy Disability FAQs, Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Regional Breastfeeding Liaison WIC Program, California Department of Public Health
- Rest Periods / Lactation Accommodations, Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
- State Disability Insurance: Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave Benefits, Employment Development Department
Resources for Medical Professionals