This webinar for staff in the Welcome Baby program presents useful information on accessing breast pumps through WIC and other programs. The presenter is Wendy McGrail, MPH, RDN, the Regional Breastfeeding Liaison at Public Health Foundation Enterprises Women, Infants, and Children Program (PHFE-WIC). She covers the California State WIC policy on issuing breast pumps, details on the PHFE WIC pump program, how the seven WIC agencies in LA County administer their breast pump programs. Also: information on paced bottle feeding — what it is and step-by-step instructions.
Recorded November 5, 2018.
(See below for resources referenced in the webinar.)
Like this video? Subscribe to LABestBabies on YouTube!
- Map of the Cities and Communities in Los Angeles County by Service Planning Area (SPA)
- Contact Information for Los Angeles County WIC Agencies by Service Planning Area (SPA)
- WIC Breast Pump Policy
- WIC Breast Pump Policy, continued
- PowerPoint Presentation Part 1 presented by Wendy McGrail, MPH, RDN
- PowerPoint Presentation Part 2 presented by Wendy McGrail, MPH, RDN
- Flyer: Let your baby set the pace for bottle feeding from the California Department of Public Health, California WIC Program (English and Spanish)