On Friday, the U.S. recorded over 70,000 coronavirus cases in a single day — the highest number since July. In California, the average number of daily cases over the last week remains over 3,000. Clearly, we’re not out of the woods.
Home visitors in L.A. County continue to conduct visits virtually, providing personal support to pregnant women and families with little ones. With parents facing widespread social isolation and a litany of other pandemic-imposed challenges, this support may be more crucial now than ever.
But serving families who have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis has not been part of the training.
In this webinar, UCLA’s Dr. Karin Nielsen and Dr. Viviana Farajado share up-to-date information on the coronavirus and the latest recommendations on helping families who have contracted it. (See below for links to related resources.)
- PowerPoint presentation slides: Coming soon!
- Stronger Families Blog:
- March of Dimes “News Moms Need Blog”:
- Everything You Need to Know About COVID-19 and Pregnancy (Oct. 21, 2020)
- COVID-19 May Cause Severe Illness During Pregnancy (Oct. 14, 2020)
- Feeling Isolated During the COVID-19 Pandemic? (Oct. 6, 2020)