After childbirth, families often have lots of questions about mom’s recovery and their new baby’s overall health. With limited support available during the coronavirus pandemic — and the apprehension families feel about seeking in-person care — home visiting programs in L.A. County’s Family Strengthening Network have stepped up their virtual visits to provide answers and lots of other support.
In this webinar, Dr. Ruth Mielke and Terry Meng discuss ways to optimize virtual visits and overcome challenges that are unique to this format. By the end, you’ll learn:
- Best practices in telehealth for mother/baby assessment, management, and education
- Components of and critical baseline assessments for early postpartum and newborn care
- Ways to identify abnormalities in the mother/newborn dyad that require further evaluation
(See below for related resources and tools for home visitors.)
- Presentation slides: Telehealth Home Visits: Moms, Babies, and Videos!
- American Academy of Pediatrics:
- Los Angeles County Department of Health: Free and Low-Cost Immunization Clinics
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Immunization Schedules
Also see our continually updated post on COVID-19 Information and Resources for Home Visitors and the Families They Serve.