In this webinar, Tracy Esquivel, a trainer with the California Diabetes and Pregnancy Program (CDAPP) Sweet Success, covers the following:
- Applying immediate postpartum care following a pregnancy with Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM)
- Interpreting the long-term complications of GDM
- Identifying measures to prevent the development of type 2 diabetes, including the role breastfeeding and lifestyle changes
- Employing postpartum care in pre-gestational diabetes mellitus
- Categorizing the types and appropriateness of contraception following a GDM pregnancy
- The importance of pregnancy planning and spacing
See the Sweet Success Guidelines for Care.
LA Best Babies Network hosted this webinar on May 7, 2019, for Welcome Baby Registered Nurses in Los Angeles County’s Family Strengthening Network.