This week, Project Fatherhood’s LeHenry Solomon presented a webinar to the Parent Coaches from the 14 Welcome Baby hospitals in L.A. County. We’ve included the recording below, along with presentation slides and an English-Spanish flyer for you to print and leave with families you work with. Below the video are several other resources on fatherhood and on helping dads be better parents.
Last Father’s Day we posted Fatherhood Matters: Resources That Encourage Dads to Stay Involved With Their Kids. There’s a lot there, but two useful guides stand out: the Urban Institute’s Approaches to Father Engagement and Fathers’ Experiences in Home Visiting Programs and California WIC’s Engaging Men & Dads at WIC: A Toolkit. And be sure to check out First 5 LA’s Focus On: Fathers, Imprisonment and the Impact on Kids and Forging a Fatherhood Network.
Finally, here are a few articles/reports on fatherhood that have come out since our Father’s Day post:
- Head Start Father Engagement Birth to Five Programming Guide
- As They Dig Deeper Into Parenting, Fathers Seek Community, Support (NPR)
- 6 facts about American fathers (Pew Research Center)
- Nurturing fatherhood: The power of fathers who play (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Involving Dads in the Lives of Children Born out of Wedlock (The Pew Charitable Trusts)
- Engaging Fathers and Paternal Family Members (ChildWelfare.gov)
- Dads Play Key Role in Child Development (MSU Today)
- Podcast: “Engaging Fathers” Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 (Child Welfare Information Gateway)